Re: [LUG] Chromium Browser

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 14:14:36 +0100
Eion MacDonald <eionmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/08/2014 12:55, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > I have now removed chromium completely. Never again.
>
> You have no spare browser on your set up? Umm!
> Basic but try Dillo, I keep as a 'spare' in case FF or others don't
> work, and Lynx (text only) for when bandwidth and speed really slows
> down. (As in Outer Hebrides : Innse Gail; or other remote spots)

No, not at the moment. In the past I have always had a copy of opera
browser installed, but this time I have not bothered. It was getting
too bloated and finicky for me. I have never tried Dillo. And isn't
there one called ristretto or some such?

I will have another look at opera since I know  it quite well. In its
early versions it was quite good, but recently I lost interest in it.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Neil