Re: [LUG] Chromium Browser

On 02/08/14 14:44, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> For reasons which are not relevant here I had to install a second
> browser. My default is Firefox. So I decided to install chromium. Well
> it does run the one program that I need occasionally. Perhaps FF will
> work after the next update. But chromium ...
>
> Is it just me? What a horrible browser. I know I can not expect it to
> be an exact copy of FF but ...
>
> I can't find any way to bring up a menu bar
There is no menu bar
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/TfCIsMvQTXY[1-25-false]

It seems you click on the settings button in the corner,  i guess a
little like on tablets where there a settings menu and that gives access
to everything you may need

Paul

> I can't find any equivalent to about:config

Again have a look in the settings,

> The eight little boxes which are supposed to keep a note of my most
> used sites, I can't find any way to remove them.
>
> Clicking the x on the only tab closes the program instead of just
> removing the contents.
>
> I must go on using this browser just for the one application which, at
> the moment, does not work properly in FF. But each time FF is upgraded
> I will check it again to see if it now works.
>
> Meanwhile, is there actually anyone on the list who likes chromium
> browser?  Really ...???
>
> unbelievable,
>
> Neil

- --
http://www.zleap.net
@zleap14
Torbay Raspberry Pi jam info - http://www.dcglug.org.uk/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and
vulnerable groups and expect any school, establishment or organsation that
I am involved with to share this commitment.