Re: [LUG] Solid State Drive - first time

On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 12:41:01 +0100
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Neil.
>
> There's also option 5) - don't treat it any differently to a normal
> hard drive and do nothing.
>
> This has been my policy for three years with all SSD drives, windows
> or linux, including those in-use in 24/7 debian servers. Touch wood,
> apart from some of the notoriously bad early OCZ drives, I've yet to
> have a failure or a noticable degredation in performance.
>
> Simon

That has never turned up as an option in all my research. Oh well, I
will find out soon enough. My usage should not incur much in the way of
deletes anyway. As I said, in time I will find out.

It is certainly faster and of course very quiet.

I shall be interested to see other comments,

Neil