Re: [LUG] Computer constant reboots

On 23/06/14 21:27, Dan Smith wrote:
> That is what I am trying to do, I am using the genuine license that came
> with the PC but the computer will not continue setup from the hard drive
> as it sits in a reboot loop once booting back to the hard drive to try
> and complete setup.

Beginning to think that this probably warranted a big fat [OT] as it's
essentially a Windows Vista installation question on a Linux mailing list?

There are a *lot* of things that could be going wrong here, not limited
to just everything else already suggested here but a whole bunch of
other things as well, especially now it's clear you're reinstalling
Vista. How? Are you using the manufacturer supplied restore media or a
random Vista DVD from elsewhere? Is it the correct version (Pro vs
Enterprise vs Home etc)? Is your key compatible with the installer
version, if you've even got that far? Does your weird all-in-one PC
require special drivers slipstreamed in to the installer?

You need to some more experimenting first, there's no realistic way we
can help you here as you're still in the initial stages of diagnosis
really.

Regards