Re: [LUG] Computer constant reboots

On 23/06/14 11:03, Dan Smith wrote:

> I cannot boot a Ubuntu live environment, but I can run MemTest that
> comes loaded on the Ubuntu CDs and this threw up a red box with various
> codes going through it, I tried some different memory but the computer
> still has a reboot loop.

Assuming the RAM checks out fine in a different machine then it's
either the board or the processor.
If the machine will work for a while when cold it's just possible that
the problem is with the heatsink compound between the processor
and it's heatsink. Which would be fairly cheap to fix.
(Though for some strange reason Maplin consider heatsink compound an
age restricted product...)