Re: [LUG] website - why aren't we using the perfectly good domain we own?

>> I wasn't complaining about the hosting, that seems to work just fine -
>> I'm puzzled why the DNS for dcglug.org.uk isn't reflecting the setup,
>> you don't need any redirection - you can still have MX records for
>> email and lists going to the old server, while the A record and web
>> traffic goes to the new - nobody needs to copy anything it's just 10
>> minutes twiddling the DNS for the glug domain.

> I am happy for you to work with Gordon who is hosting the site to do
> what is needed,  If it can be done in 10 mins then that is fine,  after
> which we can look in to promoting the group more.

A quick check, tells me that Matt Lee registered the domain via
godaddy, and Alex Charrett (hello co-founder) is presumably still able
to mess with the DNS because the nameservers are a-squared.co.uk

Given I don't have access to any of the controls to the DNS, I'll poke
Alex and ask if he can update the DNS to point at seperate web and
mail servers (if anybody can confirm that's how roles are split
between the 2 servers).

Cheers,

A.

--