Re: [LUG] Degoogling

On 20 May 2014 23:52, wes <davidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> for (iii) everything else i mostly use ixquick:
>
>   https://ixquick.com
>
> or, more specifically,
>

> https://ixquick.com/do/mypage.pl?prfh=lang_homepageEEEs/air/advanced-search.htmlN1Nfont_sizeEEEmediumN1Nrecent_results_filterEEE0N1Nlanguage_uiEEEenglishN1Ndisable_open_in_new_windowEEE1N1NsslEEE1N1Ncolor_schemeEEEnewN1Ndisable_family_filterEEE1N1Nnum_of_resultsEEE10N1Npicture_privacyEEEonN1Nenable_exact_phraseEEE0N1Ndisable_video_family_filterEEE1N1NsuggestionsEEE0N1N
>
> more about choosing preferences via url (instead of cookies) is here:
>
>   https://ixquick.com/do/preferences.pl?language_ui=english
>
> and in case what you actually want is just want a google scraper,
> there is
>
>   https://startpage.com
>
> run by the same company as ixquick.

Me too. The most useful thing I got from their prefs was changing from
the default HTTP method they use for submitting queries, POST, which
they made the default because it leaves the query string out of the
address of the results page, and thus out of your browser's history,
to GET, which includes the query string thus making the results page
bookmarkable, shareable, etc.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63