Re: [LUG] Iceweasel FTW

On Thu, 15 May 2014 13:41:53 +0100
Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Philip,

>Firefoxâs adoption of closed-source DRM breaks my heart | Technology |

In principle, I'm against DRM, but I recognise that people (that
includes companies) have the right to protect their property from
theft.

I would point out though, that Mozilla will *not* be shipping DRM code.
It will exist as a plugin, and you, the user will have the right to use
it, or not, as you see fit.  This is exactly the same as the situation
regarding flash.  Well, actually, it's a bit different;  Adobe only
provide security support for flash in Linux, the agreement between
Mozilla & Adobe regarding DRM content means we don't get "left
behind" (for want of a better phrase).

So:

FF will remain Open Source,
Mozilla won't be changing the license,
and
It's still not a good idea to stick pencils up your nose.   :-)

--
 Regards  _
We don't give a damn