Re: [LUG] 8 core phone £200 ish

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014, Tom wrote:

I'd personally ditch the android and run linux on it. The unused cores can be turned off when not used and the others when you have a decent power source - and screen and keyboard.

You keep saying this but ...

The unused cores are already turned off under Android, and Android has a decent screen and keyboard. (many keyboards) My Nexus 5 lasts easilly 2 days between charges - depending on how much I use it - sure, if I play games on it all day then it's under 6 hours, but for most phone use and light internet, it's fine.

Why cripple the hardware by installing a generic Linux on it? If you want a generic Linux then there are better hardware platforms than a phone.

Probably not cheaper though.

Gordon