Re: [LUG] Virtual box

On 14/04/14 22:28, bad apple wrote:
On 14/04/14 22:02, George Parker wrote:

XP USB access works fine for me here George, using the same official
VBox package as you on Ubuntu 13.10/Debian Testing hosts.

I'd take a small bet that you're not in the vboxusers group, the output
of 'id' will tell you if I'm correct if not. If not, run this:

sudo usermod -aG vboxusers $USER

You will need to completely log out and back in for the changes to take
effect.

Let me know if I guessed right :]

Cheers

You guessed right. I've added myself to vboxusers and all is revealed. I now remember this from a long while ago. I don't use vbox enough and of course, when you update your distro by reinstalling root this stuff is lost, another reason for using Mr Meowski's new and improved upgrade method (TM). Also, yet again, RTFM.

Also thanks to Kevin for suggestions.

Now all I have to do is suss out the impenetrable Navman/Mio web site.

George