Re: [LUG] Heartbleed is a Free Software win

There have been many interesting things written on Heartbleed, incluging
several that focused on the role of open source. I thought these two
were particularly interesting:

  http://jl.ly/Internet/openssl.html

  http://veridicalsystems.com/blog/of-money-responsibility-and-pride/

The latter is written by OpenSSL's "money guy" and is very critical of
large firms using OpenSSL without contributing to the project.

The title of the former ("open source software is the worst kind except
for all of the others") is how I'd like the free software community to
have responded.

Martijn.