[LUG] pppd follow up question

On 08/04/14 15:08, Anthony Williams wrote:

Hi Anthony, did you fix your pppd-to-pppd issue from a while back?

I was thinking about that for a while afterwards as it was one of those
rabbit hole problems that initially seems simple but rapidly gets tricky
the more you dig into it.

If you did, presumably OpenBSD with npppd or Linux with IP to IP
tunnelling to sidestep the routing two incompatible layer 2 protocols
issue was the answer. I'd guess you terminated the two pppd endpoint
connections at tun0 and tun1 and then routed between them?

Just curious as to any solution you finally implemented, as that's the
sort of tricky thing I like to bookmark for future reference in case I
run into it myself again. My alternative suggestion of old Cisco gear
was rubbish, I looked into that later and nobody has used it for years,
so apologies if that was red herring. Obviously if it was commercially
sensitive and you can't say anything, no problem.

Regards