Re: [LUG] Cloud Storage

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 14:23:26 +0100
Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6 April 2014 13:44, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So I am asking for any comments etc about cloud storage. Is it a
> > good idea, sensible even? And as I have my own web site would it be
> > better to use that?
>
> Have a look at ownCloud:
>
> ownCloud.org | Your Cloud, Your Data, Your Way!
> http://owncloud.org/

I have taken your advice and done my best to install Owncloud. The
installation on my web site seems OK, once I had sorted out the magic
quotes problem. However, I can't get the client part on my hard disk to
work. It  was talking about a key file password, which as far as I know
I have not set up. (I notice that some of the files for setting this up
refer to Suse, not Ubuntu.)

Anyway, it was interesting to play around, and when I get to move to
version 14.04 which is due out soon I will have another go.

Thanks

Neil