Re: [LUG] Vigor 2130n strange behaviour

I feel I'm doing enough for my need to restrain torrenting and using other network services such as TOR and SSL which could be used to disguise that traffic using the CSM. I even went to the extent of blocking telnet and restricting open connection to 10. I could go on.

So why do I get Authentication errors when I turn on MAC filtering?

On 30 Mar 2014 22:15, "Martijn Grooten" <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 09:08:24PM +0100, bad apple wrote:
> Ah yes, of course, these are your annoying housemates who don't seem to
> think they have to follow your rules whilst using your network... With
> users like that, you've got a whole different set of problems to deal with.

Perhaps it would help us find a solution to Daniel's underlying problem
if he could tell us what kind of events he's trying to defend his
network and/or its users against.

MAC address filtering is, to paraphrase something that was said in the
Reddit-link bad apple posted, useless against determined attackers.

If your housemates are indeed determined attackers, you may have
bigger problems than making sure they all use their own SSID.

Martijn.