Re: [LUG] Bit of a wave building

On 25 March 2014 22:24, Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think this is a fundamentally wrong assumption; that the NSA / Acme Spy
> Corporation - is like any other employer. It's not.

I have one data point that supports the pretty-close-to-normal thesis.
A mate of mine, who is one of the most brilliant programmers I know,
did a stint with the Met office in Exeter. Guess which department of
state the UK sees fit to entrust the weather to? Environment? You
might think so, but no. Home Office? Ag & Fish? No. The MoD! Go
figure. So he was recruited to GCHQ by good old internal word of
mouth. No doubt all the IT team leads within the MoD are constantly on
the lookout for Station X-grade talent (or near enough) with standing
instructions to refer them on.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63