Re: [LUG] bluetooth keyboard

On 11 March 2014 20:07, Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Nicads and ni-mh are 1.2v per cell, instead of the 1.5 of alkalines, so
>that explains it nicely.

I've sometimes wondered why the difference?  I mean, PP3 rechargeables
are 9V, so why the discrepancy for double & triple As?

AIUI (Not a chemist!) 1.2 is just what each nicad and nimh cell produces - and PP3's are 7 cells in one battery, producing 8.4v rather than 9. (Although maybe some do 8 cells producing 9.6v?)

Must admit to being a little out of my depth with the actual chemistry side of things, though!