Re: [LUG] bluetooth keyboard

On 11/03/14 15:20, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:55:41 +0000
Tom <madtom1999@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Tom,

I'm trying to find a decent bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Ideally with usb
charging (ie charge the keyboard) but I seem to have lost googling
skills....
Try a different search engine?   :-)

Seriously;  I've not come across any bluetooth keyboard/mouse combos
that allow for a USB connection to recharge the batteries.  It seems to
me to be contrary to reason for going wireless.  Not that I'm saying
such things don't exist.

IME, alkaline batteries last for ages in the keyboard, (less so the
mouse); even those that won't run some other, more power hungry, items.

I use alkaline batteries first in my digital camera, then in my hand
held GPS and finally, they get used in the mouse, keyboard or any of the
plethora of TV, satellite, audio, etc. remote controls we have(1).  When
they won't run those any more, they go for recycling.

(1) Where size allows, as the camera uses AAs, but several of the
remotes use AAAs.

I found a micro one that used microsusb for charging - seemed like a good idea.  I find most devices don't like rechargeables if they are not built in. I try not to buy non-rechargeables - except for smoke/co alarms!
Tom te tom te tom