Re: [LUG] Transparent proxy

On 03/03/14 16:44, bad apple wrote:
> On 03/03/14 09:49, Anthony Williams wrote:
> Well, you haven't said how much traffic or of what type you wish to
> proxy through Box C but the answer is still in this case OpenBSD with
> PF, although Linux + iptables can definitely also do the job, just not
> as elegantly or securely.

TCP and UDP packets for a system-specific client-server protocol. Not
particularly large quantities as one of the ppp connections is a
telephone dial-up.

What's PF? I have no experience with OpenBSD at all, whereas I use linux
all the time, and can configure straightforward iptables setups.

> But having both lines as ppp and those two awkward sequential IPs are
> going to cause whatever solution to be non-trivial as it stands.

Yes. That's why I'm asking here ;-)

If it was a straightforward solution I could do it myself.

> Changing at least one of the machine A or B's network configuration
> would be very helpful. This is like all those fun times when I go to
> drop a VPN in between a couple of sites and find out - surprise! - that
> of course all the LANs are 192.168.0.0/24.

Yes, changing the network config at one end would make things much simpler.

Anthony
--
Author of C++ Concurrency in Action     http://www.stdthread.co.uk/book/
just::thread C++11 thread library             http://www.stdthread.co.uk