Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Empathy & Remote Desktop

On 27/02/14 13:17, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 27 February 2014 12:34, Martin Gautier <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've no real issue with Teamviewer. I use it to support my windows based
users.

In this case I thought it would be nice to use the native Ubuntu apps rather
than introducing a Wine based system.

Teamviewer now has a proper standalone Wine-free GNU/Linux port.
Packages for various distros are on their site.

Philip

Are you sure?

v9 is the latest and I have the full version and remote support version. If you look inside the packages (.tar.gz and .deb), they bundle the Wine binaries. Once installed (into /opt/teamviewer), ./TV_BIN contains ./wine.

I'm pretty sure Teamviewer is still Wine based...

...not that it's a problem, just being a pedant ;)

martin