Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Empathy & Remote Desktop

On 26 February 2014 21:47, Martin Gautier <martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> get around the router firewall & port forwarding issues in the same way
> Teamviewer does...

Are you refusing to use Teamviewer on principle? If so, an ssh-aware
VNC setup such as BA recommends is probably your best bet.

I use x11vnc as the VNC server on the remote host since it mirrors the
main X display, which is what you want for remote support of a desktop
machine, rather than creating a completely separate virtual X
desktop/environment/session as other VNC servers do.

I must admit that I use Teamviewer myself whenever I don't have admin
rights on the remote machine. Quick, easy, FAIB, only problem is poor
accessibility for low-vision/blind users.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63