Re: [LUG] VirtualBox 4.3.8 Issues

On 26/02/14 23:45, Eion MacDonald wrote:

> Using Windows 7 Pro 64 bid host, VBox upgrade installed.
> a)  OpenSUSE 13.  OK  (odd 'Cheese' does not work)
> b)  SLAX , slackware derivative live (kiosk) CD.  Does not boot
>
> regards,
> Eion MacDonald

AH HA

Thanks very much - it seems a bit too much of a coincidence that VBox
4.3.8 also crashes out a Slack-based distro (I'm presuming that it
worked perfectly for you before?) even though you're on a Win7 host
instead of Linux. Do you also see the initial bootloader before the
kernel dumps?

This is obviously a proper bug, although it hasn't arrived yet:

https://www.virtualbox.org/report/1?sort=version&asc=0&page=1

It will have by tomorrow, even if I have to report it myself. I imagine
that someone will get there first, there are probably a lot of crashing
Gentoo/Slack VMs out there at the moment, and increasing rapidly I would
imagine as more people upgrade. Something tells me that 4.3.10 will
probably arrive quite quickly.

Regards