Re: [LUG] Sharing Thunderbird Mint/Windows 7

On 24/02/14 11:29, Eion MacDonald wrote:

On 23/02/2014 18:07, Julian Hall wrote:
On 23/02/14 16:32, Martin Gautier wrote:
On 23/02/14 16:19, Tom wrote:
Could be the old windows/unux different eol characters?
That was my guess too.

I run my cross platform TB email from an IMAP server so don't have a
problem.

I've done Win TB -> Linux TB migrations where I've had to delete the
caches in all the TB mail folders and sub-folders. That was the only
way Linux TB could start to see the mail that was migrated across.

Martin

That's an idea Martin.. I'll see if my NAS has an IMAP Server - Synology
DS212J so has lots of add-ons for it..

Kind regards,

Julian

There is also the matter of the TB profile 'name'.
If the TB profile name is different in each instance of TB them they
look to two different  sets of data.
When migrating TB across machines I do following:
...set up TB on new machine,  note default profile name & copy it down!
...copy across old profile
...delete 'default profile'
...rename copied profile to 'default name.
All then works for past and future emails.
Ahhh thanks Eion!