Re: [LUG] Sharing Thunderbird Mint/Windows 7

On 23/02/14 15:50, Julian Hall wrote:

On 23/02/14 14:10, Rob Beard wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:46:19 +0000, Julian Hall <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi All,

As I've mentioned a few times, I am dual-booting Windows 7 and Mint 16.
I have Thunderbird shared by the simple method of pointing both
installations to the same location for the mail folders.  I never leave
the folders pointed to the default location on the basis it could get
inadvertently wiped during a reinstall, so the setup at present is:

dev/sda5 (Windows C:) NTFS - Windows install of Thunderbird
dev/sda6 (Windows Data D:) NTFS : - Location of shared Mail folder
dev/sda8 (Linux /):  Mint 6 install root

The problem I have is that if I receive a mail in Linux and then
subsequently look at it in Windows there is no problem - sometimes
necessary if I receive a mail about a problem I have in Windows. However
any mail I received in Windows prior to installing Linux is either
corrupted or blank when viewed in Linux.

Any ideas why please?

Kind regards,

Julian
What version of Thunderbird are you running on Mint and what version are
you running on Linux?

(Is that right, you're running Mint 6?!?)
No, 16.. sorry second time was a typo :)

24.3 on Linux.. I'll have to check the Windows one but I do know it's a 64bit build.. on reflection I wonder if /that's/ the problem? I would have thought that regardless of the version it would still write the files in the same way or an upgrade would break access to mail received in earlier versions?

Julian

Could be the old windows/unux different eol characters?
Tom te tom te tom