Re: [LUG] Google ...Re: X10 kit

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Spooky/Creepy? Yes, but what the heck - 35 years ago I was being told that
> computers would make my life easier - now they are and am I happy with it?

Could it have a more direct explanation? Did you perchance google the
garage earlier from a browser logged into your google account?

Whilst I'd like to think Google is now that clever, and it isn't far off,
I suspect sometimes it achieves what seems really clever by relatively
simple means.

> Not sure. Really not sure.

"Do no evil" what could go wrong? ;)

Google advertising has established that someone on my IP address is
interested in automated source code analysis, either that or Checkmarx
have a near limitless Google advertising budget and are advertising
Checkmarx to a lot of uninterested folk ;) There is a level of "we really
want to sell to you" when it becomes intrusive. Had I had a bad experience
with a checkmarx employee I'd be preparing the harassment case paperwork.