From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Tremayne, Steve
Sent: 18 February 2014 12:13
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] Automated to dvd to hdd imaging

Graham,

  When you say "automatically", what are you after exactly? I'm not aware of any
restoration media which just starts installing software over the top of a hard-drive
without some kind of interaction :o)

  FYI - Apparently a .TBI file is from this crowd:
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm

  Is this for disaster recovery, or OS rollout? I'd be careful with a Win7 rollout
via cloning, unless you're ok with changing the SIDs, etc.

  First pass at an answer... clonezilla?

Pros:
Works. Can even do a network cloning of 1:many in parallel (swamps the network
though!)

Cons:
Needs a good understanding of what you're doing.

Steve