Re: [LUG] Canon MG6450 - unsupported printer?

On 17 February 2014 00:12, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is there likely to be any useful bits in the Mac DMG. I couldn't
> immediately find a PPD in the obvious places, but in Mac OS X even if it
> existed finding it may be a bit of a gamble.

Mac OS X uses CUPS too. Apple is the lead developer and maintainer of
CUPS. In that sense, and the sense of who actually pays for it, CUPS
is Apple software, though it is also FAIF and they don't seem
concerned with branding, which is... unusual. Anyway. So the Mac DMG
for any given printer pretty well has to contain the appropriate CUPS
PPD.

Not sure I understand "finding it may be a bit of a gamble". A bit
tricky if you don't have a Mac? Probably. I see packages called
'dmg2img' and 'hfsplus' in the debian repo; don't know anything about
them.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63