[LUG] Canon MG6450 - unsupported printer?

Seems this printer is unsupported via CUPS in GNU/Linux which is a shame
as every other wired or wireless device in the house can print to it AFAICT.

Completely failed to persuade CUPS to throw a document at it via the
generic printer drivers.

I can print by uploading a PDF to Google Cloud Print ironically...

The Cloud has won.

How hard is it to roll your own printer driver? Last time I did it you
just wrote a shell script and joined a few bits of Ghostscript together.
I'm hoping somewhere I can just create a PPD by describing the technical
details in the manual.

Is there likely to be any useful bits in the Mac DMG. I couldn't
immediately find a PPD in the obvious places, but in Mac OS X even if it
existed finding it may be a bit of a gamble.

As far as I can tell it supports IPP, and Airprint (extension to IPP for
Mac's), but haven't yet stumbled on clear technical documentation that
might spell out precisely what is needed at the layer of driver.

Seems if all else fails I can checkout a driver from a git repository to
send a PDF to Cloudprint - but this isn't my idea of "the Dao of
programming".