Re: [LUG] OT: Windows XP

On 16/02/14 09:50, Mark Evans wrote:
On 15/02/14 11:45, Simon Avery wrote:

I think you're making my point for me here with two words; "Specific
situations". Metro was rolled out as "this is what you need, get used to
it" - even when most computers it was being installed on do not have
touchscreens which is probably where the only major advantage of Metro can
be utilised.
There are also plenty of situations where even with a touchscreen
monitor a mouse/touchpad and keyboard makes a better user interface.
Indeed there is quite a large market for keyboards to attach to tablets.

Why don't some people /ever/ clean their monitors? Takes two seconds!  I've
had users with their nose almost pressed against the screen because they
can't see past the old sneezes and various biohazard blobs.
Again a simple task for people who know what they are doing. But some
people will manage to just push the dirt around, even add more dirt.

Theres an app on android called Ardroid which allows your android tablet or phone to act as an interface to the Ardour digital audio workstation on your PC.  I can imagine a standard for this where your phablet device can be used as a touch controller to be used as well as the standard keyboard/mouse setup. And as you can get  a tablet cheaper than a windows license it seems something to encouraged???
Tom te tom te tom