Re: [LUG] Suggested Online Mailing List Admin please

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 01:29:04AM +0000, Julian Hall wrote:
> Thanks for the advice :)  After posting I did think of Yahoo Groups,
> since I am already on a couple of them.  Is there much difference
> with Google Groups?  They've already got a Facebook group, which I
> have linked to a Twitter account I set up, so they're covered for
> social media.  I'd just like to capture those who don't use either,
> and at the same time make email correspondence easier to manage.

I haven't used Yahoo Groups or Google Groups in ages, but I remember
both being really easy to work with. They both offer a web interface to
read and send messages, if people prefer that over email.

I know my wife set up a few Google Groups and found them easy to work
with.

I'm with Simon in that mailman is great, but not entirely trivial to set
up. I'd say it's not worth the effort, unless you know someone who's
already running a mailman server.

Martijn.