Re: [LUG] No sound through hdmi

Thanks for all the replies. I had to add a line to grub. Something like radion=1. I can look up the actual. I'm just posting via phone at the moment.

On Monday, 20 January 2014, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Richard Brown <wildwoodslosty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Guys

I'm getting no sound through hdmi card. Using Ubuntu 12.10. I had the
sound working in 12.04 by using PulseAudio volume control. I simply
selected it as the default and it then showed up in the sound settings
in system settings. It's not showing up in the sound settings this
time whatever I do.

Any ideas please?
---
Richard Brown
Youth Worker, Dad and Husband
http://wild-woods.org.uk/

I had this recently with an Nvidia graphics card, required some tweaking of the module parameters and official Nvidia drivers installed.

What video card is it attached to? Intel, Nvidia, AMD? On-board or separate card?

Rob
--
Sent from my Sinclair ZX Spectrum

--