[LUG] Chromebook

Hi Guys

Referring back to a recent discussion about laptops upgrades etc. As
you will be aware I bought an HP server which will do the work of
storing docs, movies, music, photos etc. However, I still need to
purchase a second laptop at some point and I am wondering what do
folks think of Chromebooks. I recently read this article:
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/10/2014_chromebook_surge/>
I did get me thinking of it as an option. The downside is being tied
into Google's infrastructure.

Any comments please?
--
Richard Brown