Re: [LUG] Install from source

On 09/01/14 09:44, Tom wrote:
On 09/01/14 09:40, George Parker wrote:
I want to install an application from source using ./configure, make, make install.  I know I've done this in the past with no problems but I have also had it fail with my current problem.  When I run ./configure I get the message "bash: ./configure: No such file or directory" .

I think this is because Mint/Ubuntu does not install a programme, maybe a C compiler? Any ideas please. Google is not my friend in this case.

George

It sounds like there is simply no configure file. check for a readme for build instructions otherwise just try make
Tom te tom te tom

You could be right but why that error message?  Any road up I've found that the tar file has something called an install file inside which just runs and installs.  Crap piece of software anyway and now consigned to history.  Thanks for your help

George