Re: [LUG] Install from source

On 09/01/14 09:40, George Parker wrote:
I want to install an application from source using ./configure, make, make install.  I know I've done this in the past with no problems but I have also had it fail with my current problem.  When I run ./configure I get the message "bash: ./configure: No such file or directory" .

I think this is because Mint/Ubuntu does not install a programme, maybe a C compiler? Any ideas please. Google is not my friend in this case.

George

It sounds like there is simply no configure file. check for a readme for build instructions otherwise just try make
Tom te tom te tom