Re: [LUG] DVD drive and Mint 16

On 08/01/14 19:44, bad apple wrote:
On 08/01/14 19:38, bad apple wrote:

sudo apt-get install libdvdcss libdvdread4 libdvdnav4
Whoops, should have been:

sudo apt-get install libdvdcss2 libdvdread4 libdvdnav4

>From the terminal VLC syntax to open a disk is:

vlc dvd:///dev/dvd

Obviously you'd replace /dev/dvd with the actual device string of your
bluray/DVD unit. This way you'll get a whole lot of status and potential
errors messages in the console. Pass it the "-v" flag for extra verbosity.

Cheers

Thanks for that.. executed both apt-get commands and it seems I already have the newest versions of everything installed...

Regarding the mount point, that's an interesting issue. I did try Xine but that failed to do anything as it couldn't find the DVD mount point. I'll have a play and see what it is actually mounting as.

Cheers,

Julian