Re: [LUG] Desktop Linux

Hi

On 31 December 2013 20:14, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You still haven't specifically said if:
>
> A: your current FreeNAS USB stick boots on another PC
> B: any random linux installer via unetbootin works on the HP
>
> It would definitely help get to the bottom of this.
>
> How much RAM will it have in total soon then? And you didn't
> accidentally end up with a mix of ECC and non-ECC I trust...

Thanks for the reply. The FreeNAS recognises the device but won't boot
from it. I will try with a random installer. Is it worth doing Debian
as that is what I will probably use if I choose to change.

I contacted Crucial because I had the right part number but it was US,
they gave me the correct UK part number. Thanks for asking though.
--
Richard Brown
Youth Worker