Re: [LUG] New Years Resolution

On 01/01/14 04:12, bad apple wrote:
On 01/01/14 03:28, Daniel Robinson wrote:
Then may all you touch burn your soul

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

(I have decided to reply to everything in 2014 with ALLCAPS and/or
internet memes - I mean, why not?)

Mr Meowski fortunately got asbestos soul pants as a christmas present
from his ever loving/suffering girlfriend, so is fully prepared for
nether-region linux-related fireblasts.

I have a challenge for you meanwhile: get two computers (VM instances
are fine). Install Win8.1 Pro on one, with full secureboot/EFI enabled
and a FDE solution installed: I'd recommend Truecrypt over BitLocker
(because NSA/GCHQ). Add a short bunch of recommended addons:
sysinternals suite, cygwin/X, etc. Now install a vanilla Ubuntu 13.10 +
Unity system on the other VM, and compare.

Specifically, go and do a real days work, in an actual business
environment with both of those hypothetical systems. You know, a *real*
one, where they have IIS servers, an AD domain and mixed client
operating systems. One where fictional, idiotic Phil Hudson-esque (god
bless him!) RMS-derived philosophical stupidity is less important than
using the right tool for the right job. This also includes nominally
"linux only" shops (which don't exist) where all the server heavy
lifting is done by Linux, but the office staff all use Windows and the
graphic design/PR crew use Macs. And the backend CRM is Solaris/Salesforce.

I eagerly await your report.

POSTED FROM MY AWESOME SURFACE RT

Regards

PS1: Yes, I am obviously trolling.
PS2: Clever trolls are making a point, not just trolling (I hope)
PS3: Daniel, god bless you for still being awake!

Bad! You are too brainy for your own good! You should drink more! HAPPY NEW YEAR :-P

lol lol

Roly :-)