Re: [LUG] Protography with Linux

L Smith <lhs47crewe@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As a serious (and experienced) amateur photographer, I want to get more serious but at the same time avoid getting sucked into the photoshop swamp and remain loyal to Linux. I do though find Gimp to be a pain, just wondering if there are any viable alternatives to The Gimp and what any "serious photographers" here might be using?

Lena

As a long time gimp user I would definitely try single window mode if you haven't already. The most frustrating thing about previous versions was losing a window behind something else.

My partner is a semi-professional photographer and swears by adobe lightroom as if you take a lot of pictures you probably need the management and workflow tools as much as the editing. Darktable is the linux equivalent and has support for Sony raw files (not sure about models though).

Kevin