[LUG] FTTC - and moving the master socket.

Last week FTTC was finally enabled here at Holsworthy. I have done some research about it all and I find that the setup requires using the master telephone socket.

Now, like many people I suspect, the master socket is just inside the front door, not a very sensible place for setting up a computer. At the moment I have my router etc set up in the smallest bedroom, using an extension socket which was installed when the house was built.

Ideally I would like the master socket to be moved upstairs, and for the socket in the hallway to become a simple extension. So my question is, does anyone on the list have any experience of getting the master socket moved? I have found various stories about this on the internet, but none of them mention having an extension socket already in place.

Thanks

Neil