[LUG] Debian laptop can't find specific wireless network

I recently got an old laptop working again, put Debian on it and have been using it at at least five different wireless networks since.

However, now I am at my mum's and the laptop doesn't see her wireless network. It sees other networks in the neighbourhood though. Several other devices (some Windows laptops, various mobile devices) do see the network and have a more than decent connection.

It's a normal WPA2-secured connection. I don't think there's anything fancy about its set up - at least given my mum's IT skills (or lack thereof), I would be very surprised if there would be.

The Debian install is up-to-date.

Any ideas what could be going on, or any pointers as to where to look?

Thanks

Martijn.