Re: [LUG] Pipelight: Windows browser plugins via Wine in Linux

On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:40:09 +0000, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've accidentally figured out how to watch DRM encumbered or other
> generally Linux-unfriendly streaming websites natively under Linux - so
> the C4 or C5 on-demand services, and anything that requires Silverlight
> (really only Netflix, and that's only available to USA residents so
> likely of little interest to anyone on this list).

Um... Netflix has been available in the UK for about a year :-) (I use it
all the time, it's even on the Virgin Media Tivo box, but sadly the
selection of shows isn't as good as the US version).

> The software and instructions are here:
>
> http://fds-team.de/cms/pipelight-installation.html

I'll give it a shot.  Last time I looked at Netflix on Linux there was a
workaround to get Silverlight to run but it wasn't very fast on my laptop
(HD content was out of the question) but that was earlier this year and I
know how quickly things change when those smart coders out there get on to
it.

The holy grail for me would be be to incorporate it all with XBMC.  I
guess it might happen eventually :-)

Rob