Re: [LUG] Hardware Encrypted SD

On 02/12/13 17:53, Simon Avery wrote:
> And it may not just be five years; my understanding is that upon
> release from jail, they only then have to rattle the encrypted
> drive under your nose and say "What's the password?" and can send
> you away for another five years. (IANAL etc, but I am under the
> impression that it's not a situation where you can't be repeatedly
> charged with the same offence).  Good game, eh?

Thank god, this is factually incorrect. Even our country isn't that
screwed up (yet).

Y'know, people keep bringing this up but I did actually point out the
whole RIPA/encryption password in basically my first reply to Daniel
over a week ago, but more accurately and with links. It's up to 3
years normally, or 5 years if the terrorism keyword is used. People
are duplicating effort and getting it wrong to boot...

Regards