Re: [LUG] Hardware Encrypted SD

All the encryption in the world won't save me so perhaps i need to look at this project in a new light.

Indeed. We really don't have many rights to privacy left.

I really do have a bad habit of hitting send too early.

Forgot to mention: It depends on who you're hiding it from.

If it's to protect your mail and its contents from any of the following list; it's not bad and can cause delay up to the point of them giving up:

Hackers, crackers, nosy bastards, people who steal your computer/drive/usb stick, possibly even the NSA sniffing traffic by routine etc.

If your list contains the UK Police or government, either acting on their own information or at the request of an ally (That'll be America, then), and they have what they consider reasonable cause to believe you are Up To No Good; then yeah, you either fess up or take the jailtime.

And it may not just be five years; my understanding is that upon release from jail, they only then have to rattle the encrypted drive under your nose and say "What's the password?" and can send you away for another five years. (IANAL etc, but I am under the impression that it's not a situation where you can't be repeatedly charged with the same offence).  Good game, eh?