Re: [LUG] Any Nexus users there?

>Coincidentally a friend told me yesterday that the battery charging is
>software driven on a Nexus so if it goes flat it's bricked. ÂHe only
>mentioned the Nexus 7 though so I don't know about previous models.

That's not total nonsense. There was a bug in the last version of the Nexus 7 (I'm assuming they've fixed it in the latest version, but I'm not 100% certain about that) that if the battery went completely flat, it wouldn't turn on once charged. The trick is that you have to do a hard reset (hold the power button for x seconds) after charging it.

So it's not actually bricked, but to the casual user it might appear to be so.

No idea if this problem affects the other Nexus models.