Re: [LUG] Propaganda

On 26/11/13 08:52, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 25 November 2013 08:41, Kevin Peat <lug@xxxxxx> wrote:
It shows how young interface design still is

For most of my adult life the answer to any UX question was "How does Apple do it, and have they got a patent that stops us from doing it that way?". OS X was a huge improvement in every respect a geek cares about -- Mach! BSD! Darwin! NextStep! Objective-C! Cocoa! Display PostScript! Quartz! -- and a huge step back in the relentless, uncompromising UX perfectionism that had been Apple's hallmark (Aqua... pfftt). iOS has torpedoed that whole elegant ship; there's nothing but flotsam left.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

I was using high end CAD workstations to design uchips on in the 80's and I've yet to see anything that comes close to how effective they were. On my list of things to do is to recreate some of the features they had. They require the user to learn a bit but that's not a problem when the rewards are there. And, apart from 4 or 5 button mice on 0.01" accurate 36" wide pads the rest is relatively easy to implement in _javascript_. I could program my own gestures in 1982 and Apple have patented that idea to screw up everyone else - may they rot in hell and put their money in a UK pension fund so it disappears without trace!
Tom te tom te tom