Re: [LUG] Rubbish emails

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013, Neil Winchurst wrote:

On 22/11/13 13:41, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So what has this to do with Linux? Well, I
assume that, if I were silly enough to click on the
attachment, any nasties would fail to run because
I am not using Windows. Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks

Hi Neil,

Yes, but don't rely on it.

Regards etc,
Ray.

No, I am not relying on it. I do watch out for such stuff very carefully. I just wondered if it is still safer to use Linux.

Its safer to simply delete the emails unread based on the sender and subject line.

Especially if you're using an email program that interprets HTML - open the email and bingo - the spammers know they have a "live" email address due to the tracking they put into it and then your email address becomes a sellable commodity...

Gordon