>----Original Message----
>From: barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>Date: 22/11/2013 13:12
>To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj:
[LUG] Rubbish emails

>I am used to receiving scam emails,
though not many. Just today I have
>had two identical
ones, supposedly from DHL. This tells me that they
>tried
to deliver a parcel at 10.10 last Wednesday, but no one was
in. As
>it happens we *were* in.
>
>Then it goes on to say
that if it is not picked up within 72 hours it
>will be
returned to sender. It even includes a label number. Then,
and
>here's the best bit, I am invited to read an enclosed
file for details.
>Would you believe the said 'enclosed
file', actually an attachment, is a
>zip file?
>
>Now the
email address used is one I rarely use at all. I have
never
>given this email address to DHL, or to anyone else
for that matter. And,
>if I fell for all that, would DHL
send a *zip* file to give me some
>simple details about a
parcel? LOL.

>So what has this to do with Linux? Well, I
assume that, if I were silly
>enough to click on the
attachment, any nasties would fail to run because
>I am
not using Windows. Is that a fair assumption?