Re: [LUG] Arduino or Raspberry Pi Project

On 21/11/13 00:18, George Reynolds wrote:

> Hi
>
> Being a little bit of a cool person (!)
> I really want to try the whole "make music from floppy drives" and
> wondered if anybody wanted to help me with my little project.
>
> I am hopefully getting an arduino for Christmas  but I need something
> scary called a breadboard and a soldering iron to do the rest. I also
> need an ATX PSU and 8 floppy drives which I can probably get myself. I
> can possibly get some but not all of the cables as well!
>
> http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Musical-Floppy-Drives/
>
> http://runawaybrainz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/arduino-moppyduino-musical-floppy.html?m=1#more
>
> Anybody handy with a soldering Iron? ?
> Thanks

Hi

Tandy online sell breadboards etc

http://www.tandyonline.co.uk/electronics/prototyping.html?p=1

they also sell some flexible prototyping board that looks like the lay
out matches a breadboard so i guess you could build something on a
breadboard then transfer directly to the printed circuit board. Tandy
also sell soldering irons of various wattage, (could someone advise as
to the best wattage to get for mini projects please)
http://www.tandyonline.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=soldering+iron

Desoldering tool is useful too:
http://www.tandyonline.co.uk/vacuum-desoldering-tool.html

However modmypi also sell breadboards of various shapes and sizes as
well as kits, you can get a really small bradboard for £1.99

https://www.modmypi.com <https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi-hacking>

Modmypi also donate 5% of sales to the raspberry pi foundation.

If you are not used to soldering have a practice on some prototyping
board first,

Where are you based ? If you are able to come to an exeter lug meet then
maybe a few people can help you I am sure,

http://dcglug.drogon.net/

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Exeter Raspberry PI Jam 23rd November - http://dcglug.drogon.net/meetings/
Torbay Raspberry Pi Jam 14th December - http://dcglug.drogon.net/torbay-pi-jam/

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.