Re: [LUG] Arduino or Raspberry Pi Project

George Reynolds <george.reynolds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Being a little bit of a cool person (!)
I really want to try the whole "make music from floppy drives" and wondered if anybody wanted to help me with my little project.Â

I am hopefully getting an arduino for Christmas but I need something scary called a breadboard and a soldering iron to do the rest. I also need an ATX PSU and 8 floppy drives which I can probably get myself. I can possibly get some but not all of the cables as well!

http://m.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Musical-Floppy-Drives/

http://runawaybrainz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/arduino-moppyduino-musical-floppy.html?m=1#more

Anybody handy with a soldering Iron? ?
Thanks

I like building my own gizmos as much as the next guy but this seems like a really longwinded [and expensive] way of making music. You don't solder components to a breadboard but this guy also made his own pcb which would require some b

Kevin