Re: [LUG] Fwd: FTTC - follow up

On 19/11/2013 13:42, Tom wrote:
Make sure you've got squid running - web caching makes a huge difference
here at home even when we rarely seem to go to the same sites.
Tom te tom te tom

We do, we've also now got a kind of load balancing working over two connections too. It's not perfect and some of the users have to be forced over one connection (for some websites) but it makes a bit of a difference, especially when it comes to server updates and Windows Updates on the desktops :-)

(Nope, not implemented WSUS yet, not really sure if we have a need for it considering we'd need a Windows Server kicking around).

Rob

--
**The Mare and Foal Sanctuary's 2014 Calendar has arrived! Pick up your copy online at www.mareandfoal.org/calendar All funds raised will go towards our continued work in helping horses and ponies in need**

VISIT US: Our Visitor Centre is open 10am-4pm daily. Admission free.
The Mare and Foal Sanctuary, Coombe Park Visitor Centre, near Littlehempston, Totnes, TQ9 6LW.

Tel: 01803 866615       Email: events@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONTACT US: The Mare and Foal Sanctuary, Honeysuckle Farm,
Buckland Road, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 4SA .

Tel: 01626 355969       Email: office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Website:  www.mareandfoal.org

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mareandfoal
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/themareandfoal (@themareandfoal)

The Mare and Foal Sanctuary is a Registered Charity No. 1141831 in England and Wales. Ltd. Co. No.7584914.

Contents of emails may be monitored for security reasons. We've taken care that this email has no viruses or malware but cannot guarantee it is safe, nor that any information contained is accurate. This communication is to be treated as confidential and the information in it may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.