Re: [LUG] Fwd: FTTC - follow up

On 19/11/13 09:37, Daniel Robinson wrote:
Have you checked the rear of the socket? I was under the impression with
these modern homes that the splitting is done elsewhere and so all
sockets are a master? Could be wrong but maybe worth checking.

Never considered that. However, on checking I see that the socket which is just inside the front door looks different from the others. I had a look at a page of info about this

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tools/bt-master-socket.html

I have one master socket and three extensions. They are all 85 mm wide. Only the master socket is split. So it looks as though only the master socket inside the front door will be suitable for an I-Plate.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion

Neil